Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Finishing touches for Doris...

As you know, I'm getting Doris ready for the barn sale. Her floor is all that remains before I fill her up with goodies for you to buy. Rather than buy the peel and stick tiles, I decided to paint the floor myself. Yesterday I got the taping and first coat done--even though I had my dog right under my nose while doing it. You see, it was thundering here, which causes her to be even closer to me than she normally is! You can see how close she was in the third photo--truly, right under my feet.

I'll post more photos when I'm done! You have to look beyond the kelly green tape and the dots of tape in all the white squares. The dots are so that I don't paint in the wrong square. Believe me, it's easy to get confused! The finished floor color will be the cream and a dark turquoise. This is only the first of two or three coats of the turquoise. Then some embellishing, sanding to age it, and some wax to finish her off.




2 comments:

Serendipity Refined said...

The old girl's looking pretty "fine" these days!!!! xo

Anonymous said...

I am inspired. Great idea